Sunday, April 19, 2009

Joyful Living Groups

We have had several new sisters move into the ward in the past weeks, so here is a short description for each Joyful Living group. If you are interested in joining any of the groups contact Jenny Grace or the group leader. If you have questions about a particular group, contact the group leader. (note--Some groups do not have a leader yet).

Book Group--Reading and discussing uplifting books

Cooking and Baking--Learning cooking and baking techniques and sharing recipes

Family Finances--Learning about wills, investing, insurance, etc.

Famiy History--Working together on family history, especially using new Family Search

Fitness--Sharing fitness tips, support one another, exercise together

Food Storage--Help each other with goals, buy in bulk together

Frugal Living--Share money saving tips, clip coupons together, look out for good deals for each other

Gardening--Learn how to garden in Arkansas, garden together, can harvest together

Getting to Know You--Get together to welcome the new sisters in the ward

Home Repair--Learn how to Do It Yourself around the house

Knitting--Learn how to knit with needles and the hat loom

Luncheon Group--Meet together to share a meal and visit

Menu Swap--Share recipe and menu ideas

Play Group--Moms and tots strengthen friendships meeting once a week to play

Pursuit of Excellence--Support one another while you work on your Pursuit of Excellence goals

Quilt Block--Learn to quilt on a small scale...put quilt blocks together to make a large quilt

Service Project--Plan and carry out a service project for a Sister in the ward or someone in the community

Sewing--Learn basic mending and pattern reading and how to operate a sewing machine, then move on to bigger projects

Technology--Learn how to program your cell phone, download music to your iPod, list stuff on eBay, etc.

Temple--Travel with this group of sisters regularly to the temple

2 comments:

  1. I want to do the canning group! I can't can at my house because I have a glass top stove, but I'd really love to learn how to can dill pickles (if my cucumbers don't die) and salsa this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Sunday I signed up for a lot of different groups. I really really want to do the Pursuit of Excellence. I would love to be the Leader if needed. This group could work in conjunction with many of the other groups as well to fill the requirements.

    Pursuit of Excellence and Self Reliance are my top focus projects right now but, that includes everything that is on the list. Sometimes I think the mark is just way to high. Maybe I need to work on keeping up with laundry! That is what I used to think but then I never got to the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete